Must-Have Beauty Items for Your Next Vacation
From celebrities to the average girl on the street, we have all witnessed what bad makeup looks like and just how obvious it becomes in natural lighting. Most of us don’t possess mega windows, hence we can’t have much natural light coming in when we need it the most – during the application of our makeup. This brings the need for using a lighted mirror. These special mirrors have lights that mimic natural lighting so that you can remain confident that you are on your best look when you leave your home for that meeting or date.
Types of Makeup Mirrors
It is important for you to first figure out what kind of mirror will suit you. For your complete lighted makeup mirror buying guide, look here.
Here are the options:
- Table Top Mirrors – this type will usually include one or two mirrors of varying magnification. They are made to fit perfectly on a flat surface such as a table or desk and usually include one or more mirrors of varying magnification
- Wall Mounted Mirrors – if you like using mirrors while it is attached to the wall, this will be the best option for you. These mirrors are also set up so that you can move the mirror closer or further from your face
- Vanities –this is a special mirror that is made to be used solely for makeup purposes. They usually feature large mirrors with many or a couple quite bright lights
- Travel Makeup Mirrors – with more people traveling each year for both business and personal affairs, these mirrors are a must have for any travel since they are easy to set up and use on the go
Features and Considerations When Choosing Your Lightened Mirrors
With more companies joining in on the fun, It is important to consider the following factors when getting a lighted mirror:
- Magnification of Mirrors – mirrors with high magnifications are most useful for precision makeup (such as eyeliner)
- Regular Light Bulbs vs. LED Lights – compared to Regular Light Bulbs, LED lights are preferred as they last longer and consume less energy
- Batteries vs. Plug-in Mirrors – both work great, however, if you wanna use it while on the go, or if you want to be able to move it around easily, you should consider battery over plug-in
Must-Have Beauty Items for a Vacation
Speaking of compact/travel lightened makeup mirrors, below we will discuss the Must-Have Beauty Items for use on vacation.
Using this plus the travel makeup mirror will keep you looking your best regardless of the time of day, accompanying you every step of the way. Kind of like a first aid kit – but for your face!
- Shampoo Bars
Using shampoo bars is great because you won’t have to worry about any leaks or spills in your toiletries bag. Compared to bottled shampoo, these shampoo bars last longer and are available in various colors, scents, etc. You can also check to ensure that the bar you are buying is made with all natural ingredients.
- Electronic Manicure & Pedicure Set with Stand
If you are going on a longer trip, it can be challenging to keep the tips of your fingernails in shape. To save the day, you can get an Electronic Manicure & Pedicure Set that makes it easier to do your nails, even after partying and laying on the beach all day.
- Facial Mist
With the compressed airplane atmosphere, your skin can become dry and that’s a no-no. To sort this out, you can get a facial mist from your local cosmetic store and use it before getting off your flight to rehydrate your facial skin, or once over a couple of flying hours.
- Dry Shampoo
You probably already have a normal hair cleaning routine, however, you may not always be able to practice it when on the go. To remedy this, you can use a good dry hair shampoo to keep your hair looking great until the next time you can do your hair cleansing routine.
- Cleansing Towelettes
This type of product is a must-have for any girl on travel. This Makeup remover keeps you clean regardless of where you are, working on dirt, sweat, makeup, etc.
- Instant Nail Polish Remover
Buying a nail polish remover is essential, especially if you are travelling. If you happen to chip one of your nails, this product makes it easy to remove even the toughest glitter in just a few seconds
- Single-Use Face Masks
Skincare shouldn’t stop at your local airport; meaning it’s a good idea to also carry single-use face masks that are the quite ideal when trailing. You can also choose from all natural kinds including avocado and pomegranate.
- Deodorant Swipes
Deodorant wipes are a must-have for everyone. Whether you are on the go or just had a long day, these wipes can give you a quick refresher at any time. Not only that but after exploring the town you traveled to or a more demanding activity such as hiking, using these deodorant wipes becomes even more necessary
- Red Lipstick
Adding red lipstick to your travel bag is probably one of the best decisions you’ll make when it comes to makeup. This is because it can be used to both give you a fresh/glam look even after long travel hours, or compliment an outfit. There are many types and brands of red lipstick. Be sure to pack one with you before hitting the road.
- Natural Body Butter
With changes in temperature and your body constantly trying to adjust to the new environment, it is always important to keep your skin moisturized at all times.
One of the best ways to do this is by adding a natural body butter to your travel bag. You can choose a scent that suits you best from mango to pineapple, making sure that the brand you are using is not made using any harsh chemicals or any substances that you are allergic to.
When you have already booked your flights and confirmed your accommodations, packing becomes the next order of business. Be sure to pack the beauty essentials as shown above that you would need for your holiday/vacation.
This will ensure that your skin keeps glowing and stays nourished regardless of where you’re planning to spend your vacation.
Have a great flight!
I’m always looking for Guest Bloggers – Send me your idea via the Collabs page & let’s work together!
Author Bio: Beverly is a part-time blogger, coffee addict, powerful multitasker and friendly communicator.
When she’s not scaring readers with her blog posts, she’s most likely enjoying long walks with her husband and their two dogs.
You can visit her at Hamswan.com.